SonyLIV is one of the best on-demand streaming services based in India, alongside Voot.
This platform sources its original content from Sony and other production houses, all based in India.
The platform also offers access to foreign movies and live streaming of the Tokyo Olympic games.
On SonyLIV, there will be something for anyone who comes on board. It is one of the most exciting streaming platforms in India.
SonyLIV offers free content for people who do not wish to subscribe to any premium paid plans.
However, you will discover that most excellent content has been locked because you do not have a subscription plan.
In this case, the only thing left to do is to get a subscription plan so you can get access to all the great stuff SonyLIV has to offer.
However, SonyLIV is not available in Canada at the moment. The India streaming service can only be accessed within the shores of India due to a license and agreement between it and the various production houses in India.
There is still a way to stream its content, which we will look at shortly.
How To Watch SonyLIV In Canada
There are a few steps to follow to watch SonyLIV. To access SonyLIV in Canada, you must look for an excellent VPN service that can unblock the platform for you quickly and securely.
Here is how you can get access to SonyLIV while in Canada. Please follow the steps below. It is pretty straightforward:
- Download and install a VPN first (we recommend CyberGhost VPN)
- After settling on a VPN service, download and install it.
- Now, open the VPN, set it up with the required info, and connect to the Indian server from the list shown in the dropdown.
- Then, go to the SonyLIV website or open the app and sign in. After signing in, you can start streaming SonyLIV content from your home in Canada.
As you can see, the process above is quite simple as long as you follow the steps to the letter.
Recommended VPNs For Accessing SonyLIV
You can use the following to unblock SonyLIV in Canada quickly. These are the best-recommended VPNs to use.
CyberGhost offers a remarkable method to bypass SonyLiv’s Canada geo-blocking with its notable features and a 45-day refund promise.
With an enormous network of more than 7,700 servers across over 90 nations, CyberGhost comprises 30+ servers in India.
We evaluated CyberGhost’s Mumbai server, effectively accessing SonyLiv in Canada bypassing geographical restrictions, and enjoyed streaming SonyLiv without any glitches.
CyberGhost’s Mumbai server provides users the ability to access all the engrossing SonyLiv content while in Canada.
In our speed analysis, CyberGhost achieved a download speed of 86.49 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps.
CyberGhost provided outstanding streaming speeds over a 100 Mbps connection. With unbounded bandwidth and AES 256-bit encryption, it ensures quick and secure streaming.
Moreover, CyberGhost is highly recommended for accessing other streaming platforms like Netflix India, Peacock, and ABC Iview in Canada. You can also stream Zee5 and HBO Go in Canada using CyberGhost.
Matching with assorted devices, such as Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Chrome, Linux, routers, and Xbox, CyberGhost offers top-level security features, robust 256-bit encryption, dedicated IP, Wi-Fi protection, and support for 7 concurrent connections.
At a cost of CA$ 3.01/mo (US$ 2.23/mo) for 3 years + 4 months, CyberGhost furnishes round-the-clock live chat assistance for users.
Thanks to its US Netflix accessibility, P2P-optimized servers, NordLynx accelerated speeds, and Bitcoin support, NordVPN is a compelling proposition.
Despite some inconsistent speeds in specific locations coupled with a subpar app interface, NordVPN offers a balanced service, appealing to both beginners and proficient users.
The torrent support is a bonus in NordVPN, with privacy-centric features aiding in maintaining online anonymity.
The speeds achieved position it as one of the fastest available VPNs, competent in bypassing US Netflix and other streaming content, sometimes necessitating a browser extension.
For a 2-year subscription at $3.19/mo, you get a bonus of 3 extra months along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN’s network boasts over 5,700 servers in more than 100 locations spanning 80+ countries and supports six concurrent connections.
Surfshark, the VPN market’s rising star, closed 2019 with a notable speed loss of 27% in reviews, outperforming all but the unrivaled ExpressVPN, which took the lead with less than a 2% speed loss.
Surfshark’s lightweight VPN proxy extension provides unlimited internet access and digital privacy.
Featuring over 3,200 servers worldwide, Surfshark’s live chat service ensures prompt resolution of customer queries.
Priced at $2.30/mo for a 2-year subscription with an additional 2 months free, Surfshark’s offer includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Its standout features include a kill switch, Zero-log policy, unrestricted device connectivity, and support for multiple simultaneous logins.
ExpressVPN distinguishes itself in the oversaturated VPN industry by offering high-end features that outdo most rivals.
These features secure your internet traffic via ExpressVPN’s proprietary DNS servers. It has a super-fast and secure VPN protocol for browser extensions with support for WebRTC leak blocking, location spoofing, and HTTPS Everywhere.
Boasting over 3,000 servers spanning 160 cities across 94 countries, ExpressVPN’s network is substantial.
Supported platforms encompass apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and other operating systems, custom firmware for several routers, and detailed guides for devices like Apple TV, Fire TV Stick, PlayStation, Chromebooks, and Kindle Fire.
How To Get SonyLIV In Canada On Your Mobile Device
You can get SonyLIV streaming it on a compatible device or downloading the app on your mobile device.
The app can be downloaded for both Android and IOS devices. You will also need a VPN tool before starting anything on SonyLIV.
The VPN will change your location and switch it to India so that you can gain access to the on-demand streaming platform.
How To Sign Up For SonyLIV In Canada
You can sign up for SonyLIV by following the steps below:
- Open your VPN and connect it to the Indian server. You can choose this from the dropdown menu that comes.
- After it has been connected, go to the SonyLIV website and click’ subscribe.’
- Choose a subscription plan that suits you and click on ‘Proceed.’
- You will be asked to provide an Indian phone number for registration purposes. No need to panic. Here is how to get the number
- Go to ‘receive-sms. Cc’. Now click on India at the top bar of the website.
- Locate ‘receive SMS online and click on it.
- You then copy the number and enter it in the space where you are filling in on the SonyLIV site. It will then begin verification and ask for you to post the code.
- Returning to where you copied the phone number, refresh the page. You scroll down and see that the verification code has appeared there. Just take it and type it in the appropriate place on the SonyLIV website. You then click on ‘continue.’
- You then set up your profile, and you are done. You can now start watching the content offered by SonyLIV.
How Much Is SonyLIV In Canada?
A SonyLIV subscription for our smartphone only will cost 500 Indian rupees. That will be CAD 9.77, which is a great offer compared to others.
There is also the SonyLIV premium subscription plan that will cost you 999 Indian rupees.
That is CAD 16.30 per year. The subscription fees of SonyLIV seem to be competitive with other Indian streaming services while being cheap when compared to the ones in Canada.
Why Is SonyLIV Not In Canada?
SonyLIV is not in Canada because it is geo-restricted to India. This may be due to some license issues with production houses in India.
Because of this, the content on the SonyLIV platform cannot be allowed access to people outside Canada.
So Canadians cannot get access to SonyLIV unless they use the VPN services to unblock the geo-restriction
When Is SonyLIV Coming To Canada?
We need to find out when SonyLIV will be available in Canada. We will have to watch and see if that happens.
It may take some years, but that could happen shortly. For now, we hope SonyLIV will one day be available in Canada.
If you cannot wait for this ‘near future’ to arrive, you can get a VPN service that will give you access to SonyLIV now in Canada.
SonyLIV Compatible Devices
These are the devices. They are Compatible Devices with SonyLIV in Canada. You can use these devices to stream SonyLIV in Canada.
- Computers (both Windows and Mac)
- Android tablets, smartphones, and smart TVs
- IOS devices
- Google Chromecast
- Smart TV
- Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV
Please note that you must get a VPN before using any devices listed above to stream SonyLIV in Canada.
How To Get The SonyLIV App For Your IOS Device
- Open your Apple device settings and click on your profile.
- Now, click on ‘media & purchases. You then click on ‘view account.’ Use your passcode or touch ID to verify your entry
- Now, click on ‘country/region’ and change it from Canada to India as your country.
- Agree to the following terms and conditions, enter all the information needed in the relevant spaces, and click ‘done.’ You can quickly get an Indian address and postal code on Google by searching
- After the process, your Apple device location will be changed to India. Just download the SonyLIV app from the Apple app store, install it, and sign in, and you can begin streaming all your favorite Indian content. Please ensure you have switched on the VPN app and connected to the Indian server before you begin.
How To Get The SonyLIV App For Android
- Download and install the CyberGhost VPN app. Open it and connect it to the Indian server.
- Go to the Android Play Store and click on the 3 bars at the top of the screen.
- Now head to ‘account’ and change the name of your country from Canada to India. Now fill out all the required details. For the Indian address and postal code, you can find one on Google easily by searching.
- Once the process is done, the location of your Android Play Store will be changed to India.
- Now, open the SonyLIV app and sign in, and you can begin watching for free.
What Channels To Watch On SonyLIV
You can watch the following channels on SonyLIV:
- Sony Television
- Sony SAB
- Sony Marathi
- Sony Yay
- Sony Pal
- Sony BBC Earth
- Sony Aath
- Sony MAX and MAX 2
- Sony Wah
- Sony Six
- Sony Ten 1
- Sony Ten 2
- Sony Ten 3
- Sony Ten 4
Shows To Watch On SonyLIV
There are many things to watch on SonyLIV in Canada. It does not matter whether you love sports, movies, or Indian content.
You will find something to keep you entertained for sure. The streaming platform has over a hundred shows and movies users can watch.
Below are some shows and movies you can watch on SonyLIV in Canada.
- World on Fire
- The Kapil Sharma Show
- Crime Patrol
- Madam, Sir
- Kaun Banega Crorepati (Hosted by Amitabh Bachchan)
- Carry on Alia
- For Life
- A Confession
- Meet the Drapers
- Super Dance 3
- Django Unchained
- Just Go with It
- Rough Night
- This Is the End
Sporting Events (available on SonyLIV)
- Tokyo Olympic 2020
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
- ATP Masters
- UEFA Champions League
- Serie A
- UEFA Super Cup
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get SonyLIV in Canada quickly?
Right, SonyLIV is yet to be officially available in Canada. That means you can only get access to it if you use the method shown in this article.
Can I Watch SonyLIV Without Paying?
The platform offers a free version, and anyone who does not wish to pay for the subscription can watch that.
However, the free version is quite limited, with all the interesting content being on the paid subscription.
Why is SonyLIV blocked in Canada?
It is probably due to an agreement between the streaming service and the various production companies in India whose content is shown on the platform.
This could be the main reason why. The actual reason is that it has been geo-restricted to deny anyone outside India access.
We have now seen how to access one of India’s best streaming services. SonyLIV is an excellent Indian streaming platform, and it even has a free version that people can watch for free.
To view this platform, you need to get a VPN before you can start by following the steps outlined in this article.
You can also check out how to watch these streaming services in Canada: