Are you searching for how to watch sling TV in Canada? Then this article is for you. If you have been checking recently, you may have noticed that live TV has been losing some value due to increased prices and the hassles of dealing with various providers.
Sling TV is about cutting prices and increasing the number of channels so that streaming service users can control what they watch.
The main Sling TV targets people who prefer to cut their cords and use streaming services that offer much better and more flexible settings.
However, the only problem here for Canadians is that they need help getting easy access to Sling TV
To watch all of these fantastic shows and channels. But there is a way around this hurdle, so do not despair.
If you read attentively, we stated that Canadians cannot get ‘easy’ access, meaning that there is still another way through which Sling TV can be accessed in Canada.
If you cannot afford to miss the fantastic channels listed in this article and more, you should continue reading to find out how to access Sling TV in Canada.
Sling TV Overview
|Online TV Service||Sling TV (Streaming)|
|Owned By||DISH Network Corporation (Parent)|
|Base Packages||Sling Orange, Sling Blue, Orange + Blue|
|Starting Price (Monthly)||$40 for Orange/Blue, $55 for Orange+Blue|
|Simultaneous Streams||Orange: 1, Blue: 3|
|Cloud DVR Storage||50 hours (free), add more for an extra fee|
|Premium Channels||Available as add-ons|
|Sports, Kids, News Extras||Customizable Extras for an additional fee|
|Supported Devices||A wide range of devices, such as Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and more|
|Available In Canada?||Not Yet but you can watch with a VPN|
How To Get Sling TV In Canada
Sling TV is not available in Canada at the moment. It can only be accessed by people living in the USA.
However, there is still a way through which you can get access to it. Today’s article will examine how one can access Sling TV in Canada.
These steps are easy ways that allow one to gain access to Sling TV without much hassle.
There are three main ways through which you can get access to Sling TV while residing in Canada.
Let us look at the easiest one below. To access Sling TV in Canada, you can do this through the following steps:
- Get a Sling TV subscription and then download PIA VPN. The VPN service will allow you to gain access to the streaming service since it is only allowed in America and not Canada.
- Now, open the PIA VPN app you downloaded and connect to the American server. You can now begin setting up your Sling TV.
- Go to the Sling TV website and sign into your account. After signing in, you are now ready to start streaming the hundreds of channels and shows that are available on the streaming service
How Does VPN Help In Watching Sling TV In Canada?
It is highly recommended to download and install a VPN service before you attempt to get access to Sling TV The VPN service is what allows you to gain access to Sling TV It works by masking your actual location and changing it to that of the USA so that the Sling TV servers will think that user is a resident of the United States.
Without getting a VPN service, you will be denied access to Sling TV because the service would be able to detect that you are not a resident of the USA. This is what a VPN does.
We have an in-depth article on the best VPNs to access your favorite streaming services.
You should look at this article before deciding on the kind of VPN service you would like to use to access Sling TV
Recommended VPNs For Accessing Sling TV
Several VPN services can unblock Sling TV for you. However, not all of them can get the job done correctly.
Therefore here are some of the best VPNs you should consider using. Here are in-depth analysis of these VPN services:
Private Internnet Access
Besides its robust security protocols, PIA, also referred to as Private Internet Access, has notably advanced in circumventing geo-restricted streaming platforms in Canada and beyond.
With an arsenal of over 10,000 servers sprawled across 70 nations, bandwidth restrictions would be the last of your concerns while tuning into Sling TV in Canada using PIA.
The service amplifies its appeal by enabling access to coveted streaming platforms such as HBO Max, YouTube TV, and Hulu, along with American Amazon Prime and the US edition of Disney Plus in Canada – all of which typically enforce geo-restrictions.
Compatibility isn’t an issue with PIA – it offers dedicated apps for a spectrum of platforms which include Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS systems, plus browser extensions catering to Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
If you are looking for a VPN with good unblocking skills and high security, you should try CyberGhost VPN.
It has over 7000 servers in over 90 countries and is Compatible with Windows, Android, IOS, and Mac. Users can connect the above 7 devices at the same time.
one of the best VPNs tested so far. It has a vast network of servers, most of which are in the USA.
Although it is more expensive than most other VPNs, the service, security, and performance offered are way above others as well
NordVPN is an affordable VPN service with over 5,000 servers in 60 countries.
More than 1500 of these services can be found in the USA. It is Compatible with Devices with Android, IOS, Amazon Firestick, and Fire TV
This VPN is the most reliable VPN for gaining access to Sling TV in Canada.
Although its network of servers is small compared to the other VPNs mentioned, it can unblock several USA streaming services for your enjoyment. It is also Compatible with Mac, Amazon Fire Stick, android, and IOS.
How To Get Sling TV Without An American Payment Method
You can still access Sling TV in Canada without using an American payment method.
Below are some ways through which you can get this done. Please follow the steps below carefully.
Using Sling TV Gift Card
- Go to www.mygiftsupply.com and buy a Sling TV gift card
- It will be sent to your email along with a code. Please take careful note of the code
- Now, launch your VPN service and connect it to the USA server
- Go to the Sling TV website and choose your subscription plan. Provide all the necessary details and redeem the gift card to help you complete the subscription
And that is all. You are now subscribed to Sling TV using the Sling TV gift card.
Using A Paypal Gift Card
- Open the StatesPay website on your browser and click ‘sign up.’
- Provide the needed details to get your virtual prepaid card created
- After creating the account, transfer the funds by using either a master debit card or a credit card
- Now, connect your VPN to the American server
- Go to the Sling TV and sign up by using the StatesPay US virtual prepaid card you just created
As seen in the steps above, a virtual PayPal account can be used if you do not have an existing PayPal account.
Using Free Trial
Sling offers a free trial to new users of the service. You can also use that to get access to it.
This is a 7-day trial that cannot be seen by people who are signing up on the internet.
- First, download the PIA VPN app and install it on your phone
- Go to your app store download the Sling TV app and install it
- Now, look for the ‘watch now 7 days free’ button and click on it
- You then input your payment information to get started
- Open your VPN service and connect it to the American server
- Now, open the Sling TV free trial page and create an account by entering your email address along with a password
You can now view Sling TV during the free trial period.
How Much Is Sling TV In Canada?
Sling TV offers two packages, and they are known as Blue and Orange. Both Blue and Orange packages will cost users $40 each per month.
However, users are given a $10 discount on the first month as a signing bonus.
Users can also get a ‘Blue + Orange’ subscription, allowing them access to all channels at just $55 per month. Users can also get an additional $29 monthly NBA league pass.
With this, users can get access to hundreds of live TV channels, including some of the most amazing ones, such as:
Apart from these channels, users can also watch some of the most popular shows worldwide, such as America’s Got Talent on NBC, On Patrol Live on Reelz, and Masterchef USA on FOX.
Sling TV also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are thrilled by the services offered.
However, you should note that making the payment is necessary for the contents on the streaming service to be made available to you, even if you can unblock Sling TV with a VPN.
Here Are The Latest Sling Tv Prices in A Table Format:
|Package||Starting Price (Monthly)||Features|
|Sling Orange||$40 ($20/month for the first month)||32 total channels including|
7 exclusive Sports and Family channels
Stream on 1 device at a time
|Sling Blue||$40 ($20/month for the first month)||40 total channels including|
15 exclusive News and Entertainment channels
Stream on 3 devices at a time
|Orange + Blue||$55 ($27.50/month for the first month)||Enjoy all 46 Orange & Blue channels|
including all 22 exclusive channels
Why Is Sling TV Not Available In Canada?
Sling TV is not available in Canada due to some streaming rights and content distribution policies that have been put in place.
These rights and policies prohibit the availability of streaming outside the shores of the United States.
As such, only people who live in the States can get access to Sling TV, as we have stated above.
Therefore if you are a Canadian resident, the only way you can access Sling TV is through the steps and ways shown in this article.
When Will Sling TV Be Available In Canada
We are still determining when Sling TV will be available in Canada. As of now, only people living in America can access Sling TV, And these Americans will have to forego viewing Sling TV once they travel outside America because the streaming service cannot be accessed outside the shores of America.
If Sling TV eventually becomes available in Canada, we will be the first to inform you of this great news.
Sling TV Compatible Devices
Sling TV can be accessed on the following devices.
- Laptop and desktop computers (both Windows and Mac)
- Android devices
- Samsung smart TVs
- L.G. smart TVs
- Amazon Fire Stick
- Xbox One
- Google Chromecast
- Sony smart TVs
- Apple TV
- Vizio smart TVs
- Apple devices
How To Access Sling TV On Apple And Android Mobile Devices In Canada
Here is how you can access Sling TV on your mobile devices
How To Access Sling TV In Canada On Apple
- Locate settings on your device and click on your profile
- Now, tap on ‘media and purchases.’ After that, you tap on ‘view account’ and you will be asked to input your passcode or touch I.D. Enter either of them for verification so you can proceed
- Now, tap on ‘country and region’ and change the country to the USA. Now select ‘agree’ on the terms and conditions page that appears
- Input all the necessary details, USA address, and postal code. You can use the one here ‘street: 3157 Monroe Avenue. City, Palmetto. State: Florida. Postal code: 34221. Phone 9042088758)
- The Apple app store will now change its location to the USA.
- You can now download the Sling TV app and watch your shows by connecting your VPN to the USA server.
How To Access Sling TV In Canada On Android
- Open the PIA VPN server and connect to the USA server
- Go to the Play Store app and tap on the 3 bars on the top left of the screen
- Now tap on ‘account,’ where you will see your name and country. Change the country to the USA and then input all necessary details
- After you are done, you can now download the Sling TV app and start watching
How To Access Sling TV In Canada On Amazon Fire Stick
- Go to the Amazon website and enter your account
- Tap on ‘accounts and lists’ and then click on ‘your accounts and content.’
- Change your region to the USA, connect your Amazon Firestick device to your TV, and click ‘settings.’
- Logout of your account and then log in again
- Download the Sling TV app open your PIA VPN app and connect it to the USA server
- Now, open your Sling TV app sign and start watching your shows and channels
Strengths of Sling TV:
- Showcases a rich diversity across its channel offering.
- Brings the convenience of a vast on-demand content library and movie/series rental options.
- Design customized subscription plans suited for varied viewer needs and budgets.
- Proposes an entry-level free subscription plan for users to experience the service.
- Ensures seamless streaming experience with remarkably stable connectivity.
- Features a multitude of package options with the capability to add optional extras and premium channels.
Weaknesses of Sling TV:
- DVR storage is capped at just 10 hours – although expandable.
- Sling TV’s service is constrained within the geographic boundaries of the United States and Puerto Rico meaning if you are in Canada, you need to use VPN.
Sling TV Alternatives To Consider
For die-hard fans of shows, movies, and documentaries from renowned channels such as The Little Mermaid, Avatar, Free Guy, and more, Discovery Plus Canada is one of the reliable options.
Access Discovery Plus in Canada either via their website or the Canadian version of their app. To enjoy the US version of Discovery Plus, a VPN app will come in handy.
Hulu is exclusive to the United States and Japan and houses a vast collection of TV shows, movies, and original programming.
Among the popular offerings are Around The World In 80 Days, Shark Tale, and The Girl Who Escaped. For Canadians, accessing Hulu necessitates the use of a VPN compatible with Hulu.
If top-trending content forms the core of your streaming preferences, Paramount Plus is a worthy addition to your list.
It provides a plethora of critically acclaimed movies and shows along with ad-free viewing options.
For Canadians, Paramount Plus is accessible via Amazon Prime, providing an exceptional avenue to watch movies and TV shows online, spanning new and classic releases.
Stream Prime Video content using compatible devices, such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
No introduction is needed here. Netflix is investing tremendously in creating exclusive, groundbreaking content and boasts some of the finest shows and movies to date.
The pricing tiers include $9.99 monthly for single-screen viewing, $16.49 for dual-screen with HD streaming, and $20.99 for quad-screen with HD and UHD streaming. Annual subscriptions are not available.
An initiative by NBC Universal, Peacock TV streams popular shows like ’30 Rock’ and provides exclusive access to sports coverage, including Premier League soccer.
However, Peacock TV is currently limited to US viewers. Viewers outside the US can utilize a VPN to tap into this service.
HBO Max serves as a treasure chest of some of the top online series and movies including ‘Game of Thrones’, ‘Friends’, ‘The Big Bang Theory’, and more.
Rather than relying on fresh content, HBO Max banks on their acclaimed past content to lure new subscribers.
YouTube TV is Google’s answer to live TV streaming services. It provides an impressive array of local and international channels, depending on your geographical location.
The standout feature of YouTube TV is its capability to record shows for later viewing, albeit its availability is confined to the United States. However, this limitation can be circumvented using a VPN service.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can do this by using a reliable VPN service such as PIA VPN.
Season 5 of Rick and Morty can be viewed on Sling TV on both package offers.
Unfortunately, Sling TV is not available in Canada. You can access it by following the steps in this article.
Due to license and copyright laws, it has yet to be discovered when Sling TV will be available in Canada.
So that is how one can access Sling TV Canada even though the streaming service has yet to be available in Canada.
With a reliable VPN service, you should have no problem getting access to Sling TV if you follow the steps in this article correctly. Also, read how to watch YouTube TV in Canada.