Peacock TV is a video streaming platform in the United States of America.
NBC Universal owns the video streaming service. NBC Universal is also the entity in charge of operating the Peacock TV streaming service.
Peacock TV was launched by NBC Universal in 2020 and offered over 8,000 hours of amazing content.
Subscribers can watch movies, TV shows, NBC programs, and virtual channels that always show during the day.
Peacock TV has also begun getting exclusive sports content, such as the English Premier League.
About Peacock TV
Peacock TV, owned and operated by NBC Universal, is a U.S.-based video streaming platform. It launched on July 15, 2020, and comes packed with over 80,000 hours of content — this includes movies, TV shows, classic NBC programs, and continuously running virtual channels.
The service features fan-favorite shows like “Brave New World” and “Bel-Air” and has also started gaining exclusive access to sports broadcasts like Premier League soccer games.
The Cost Of Peacock TV
Peacock TV brings two subscription tiers to the table: Peacock Premium and Peacock Premium Plus. Both tiers grant users complete access to the platform’s content, and they can download shows and movies for offline enjoyment.
A vital difference is that the Peacock Premium tier contains ads that may punctuate the streaming experience, while Peacock Premium Plus offers an uninterrupted, ad-free journey.
An added perk of the Premium Plus subscription is it allows access to NBC’s local live channel.
Peacock TV Prices In Canada In A Table Format
|Plan||Cost per Month||Cost per Annnum||Concurrent streams||Video Quality|
|Peacock Premium (with ads)||$4.99||$49.99||3 devices||Ranges from 720p up to 4K Ultra HD|
|Peacock Premium Plus (ad-free)||$9.99||$99.99||3 devices||Ranges from 720p up to 4K Ultra HD|
Why Can’t You Access Peacock TV in Canada?
The answer lies in the complexities of content licensing and distribution rights. These factors often restrict streaming platforms like Peacock from showcasing their content in other countries.
Adding layers to these complexities, NBCUniversal, the parent company of Peacock TV, entered into an exclusive pact with Corus in June 2020. Under this arrangement, Corus earned the right to air all Peacock Originals for the Canadian audience.
Given these conditions, it appears that Peacock TV cannot directly provide its streaming services to the Canadian viewership. Not at least in the foreseeable future.
Unfortunately, Peacock TV is not available in Canada at the moment. To watch Peacock TV in Canada, you must use a VPN service to mask your location and change it to the USA before you can access the Peacock TV streaming service.
Peacock TV is only available to people in the USA. The service has a detector that can tell the location of anyone trying to access it and block the person if they are not in the USA.
This tells us that people outside the USA need access to the Peacock TV streaming service.
How To Watch Peacock TV In Canada?
Before you can watch Peacock TV inside Canada, you will need a VPN service and a Peacock TV subscription account.
The VPN will unblock the streaming service for you so you can use the subscription to access the extensive library Peacock offers.
Looking for a way to stream Peacock TV? Here’s a simple five-step guide on how you can enjoy Peacock TV all the way from Canada:
- Start off by subscribing to a top-notch VPN service. CyberGhost VPN comes highly recommended due to its powerful, high-speed servers, which are crucial for uninterrupted streaming.
- Grab the VPN app and install it on the device you plan to use for streaming.
- Once the app is ready, use it to connect to a U.S. server from the server list. Opt for the New York server for the best performance.
- Now, go ahead and visit the Peacock TV website or download the Peacock App in Canada. You’ll need to create an account to proceed.
- With your account set up, it’s time to dive into the wonderful world of Peacock Streaming Canada. Log in using your fresh-off-the-email account and enjoy
Remember, you’ll need to register for a Peacock TV account and pick a suitable subscription for Canada to properly access Peacock TV content.
How To Subscribe To Peacock TV Canada
You cannot watch Peacock TV directly if you are in Canada, but a VPN will allow you to get access.
Follow the process below to gain access to Peacock TV and subscribe.
- Download and install a VPN service. Now connect the VPN to the U.S. server
- Now go to Peacock TV and click on ‘watch for free’
- You then choose your preferred plan
- Now, input all the details required and then click on ‘create account’ (You will be able to find a U.S. zip code on Google to use in the signup process)
- A verification email will then be sent to you, and you will use that to verify the account you just created
- Now go to Peacock TV and sign in with your email address and your password
And you are done subscribing to Peacock TV You can now start streaming all Peacock offers.
Ensure that your device location is off before you connect to the VPN so there are no interferences.
When you do not feel the limited content and ads the free plan offers, you can upgrade to the paid version by changing it in the account settings.
However, this will need an American payment method else your payment will not be possible. Let us look at how to get this solved below.
Best VPNs For Watching Peacock TV In Canada
The best VPNs for watching Peacock TV in Canada are:
- PIA (Private Internet Access)
Ranked among the top VPNs for watching Peacock TV in Canada, CyberGhost stands out for its expansive server network.
This capacity allows smooth streaming of the ‘Based on a True Story’ Season 1 or the ‘Criterium du Dauphine 2023’.
Under a 100 Mbps internet connection, CyberGhost Yielded impressive speeds – download at 79.42 Mbps and upload at 43.91 Mbps.
With such rates, buffering wouldn’t hinder your streaming experience, whether it’s the ‘US Open Golf Championship 2023’ or ‘Dragons: The Nine Realms Season 6’.
CyberGhost bolsters confidence in data security and privacy during Peacock TV streaming.
Key features include a Threat Manager, 256-bit encryption, a no-log policy, and IPv6 & split tunneling. It offers connection support for up to 7 devices under a single subscription.
Boasting exemplary performance with download speeds of 89.42 Mbps and upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection.
It makes streaming prominent events like the FIFA Women’s World Cup effortless, regardless of where you are.
It has robust security capabilities, including split tunneling and a kill switch. Furthermore, the VPN comes with a Smart DNS feature, named MediaStreamer, that makes Peacock TV accessible on devices incompatible with VPNs.
The user-friendly app is available across various platforms, including Android, iPhone, Roku, Firestick, and Apple TV. A notable perk for macOS users is global server locations being just a click away.
Surfshark is an affordable, efficient VPN for unblocking Peacock TV in Canada, costing only CA$ 3.09/mo with an 82% discount on a 2-year plan.
It offers unlimited connections and has over 3200 servers worldwide. It provided smooth streaming and impressive speeds on a 100 Mbps connection during tests.
Surfshark includes strong security features and can unblock HBO Max in Canada. It is compatible with various devices, and it’s supported by a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 chat support.
Private Internnet Access
Distinguishing itself in server availability, Private Internet Access takes the lead with an array of servers positioned across more US regions than most VPNs.
This vast network encompasses over 50 US cities, including key areas like New York and Los Angeles, ensuring swift server accessibility close to your location.
Private Internet Access (PIA) is among the fastest VPNs, clocking an average of 94 Mbps, enabling users to experience Peacock and even Netflix streaming with zero lag or buffering.
A single PIA account caters to up to 10 simultaneous connections, enhancing its value proposition. Moreover, PIA boasts state-of-the-art security features, including 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch.
How To Pay For Peacock TV In Canada
You can pay for Peacock TV in several ways without an American payment method. Here are some of them below.
Using An American Virtual Prepaid Card
- Connect your VPN to the U.S. server
- Go to usunlocked.com and click on ‘get your card’
- Fill out the form with all required details and click on ‘next step.’
- A verification link will be sent to your email address. Use that to verify your email address
- You will be asked to log into your account. Do so with your email address and your password
- Now, you verify your identity by filling out your country, I.D. type and upload a photo of your identity document. You then click on ‘verify my identity
- The next step is to enter your shipping address to deliver the card. You then click on ‘update my shipping details
- You will then see a new screen telling you that all is done, and your US-unlocked account is ready
- Click on ‘Go to my dashboard and load your account by using a debit card. You can load a minimum of $50 and a maximum of $3500
- After loading the card, the funds may take about three days to show. Once it shows, you can use the virtual prepaid card
- Go back to your Peacock TV website and sign in. Go to account settings and upgrade to the paid version by using the virtual prepaid card for your payment
Shows To Watch On Peacock TV
You can watch the following shows on Peacock TV:
- Wolf Like Me
- American Auto
- Parks and Recreation
- A True Story with Ed and Randall
- We Are Lady Parts
- Saved by the Bell
- Modern Family
- The Office
- Friday Night Lights
- A.P. Bio
- The Blacklist
- The Chosen
- This Is Us
- 30 Rock
- Chicago Med
Best movies on Peacock TV
- Die Hard
- Izzy Gets the F Across Town
- The Place Beyond the Pines
- Lost in Translation
- The Little Rascals
- Uncle Buck
- Short Term 12
- Don’t Think Twice
- Dark River
- Palo Alto
- Hide Your Smiling Faces
The English premier league can also be streamed on Peacock Premium.
You can also stream the WWE on Peacock TV Remember. You will still need a VPN.
When Is Peacock TV Coming To Canada?
Like the other streaming services in America, there is yet to be an exact date for Peacock TV to be made available in Canada.
The company has not listed any plans to come to Canada. This may all be down to the license and copyright issues holding the streaming services back from expanding to Canada and other nations.
For now, Peacock TV can only be accessed in America. And people in other countries will have to use a VPN to gain access.
Peacock TV Compatible Devices
You can stream Peacock TV on the following devices. The streaming service can be streamed from the NBC app.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Xbox One
- Apple TV
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Vizio smart cast TV
- L.G. smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many VPN services out there to choose from. However, the ones we recommend are:
You cannot access Peacock TV in Canada without a VPN.
However, you can get access to some Peacock originals on Corus. Corus is available in Canada, so a VPN will not be needed.
There is a free plan on Peacock that customers can view for free without paying anything.
However, the content there is limited, and it comes with ads.
Peacock TV is one of the best streaming services available at the moment.
Peacock has a free version where people can watch some of its content. Other streaming services do not offer this perk.
As we have seen, Peacock is not available in Canada, although its originals can be viewed on Corus.
To access Peacock TV, you will need a VPN and an American payment method.