Hulu is a popular live and video-on-demand service where users can watch hundreds of TV series and movies.
Users can also watch anime, documentaries, and originals with ads or commercials.
Users can watch several originals, such as Castle Rock, Ramy, and Shrill.
However, people outside the USA cannot access Hulu due to the copyrights and geo-restriction policies in place.
When you try to access it outside the USA, you will typically see an error message saying, “Hulu isn’t available in your location.”
So if you are living outside the USA and still want to watch Hulu, you will not be able to access it, that is, if you stop reading this article.
If you want to watch Hulu, please continue down this article if you can.
How To Watch Hulu In Canada
Just because you receive an error each time you try to access Hulu does not mean you cannot watch it in your location.
There are some ways through which you can watch. You can bypass the geo-block through a VPN, and I will recommend a few of them later in this article for you.
The VPN will change your virtual location to that of the USA so that you can access Hulu without any problems.
When the VPN is used, the Hulu servers will grant you access because it will think that you are in the USA.
Once you have a VPN, please follow the simple steps below to watch Hulu:
- Consider subscribing to ExpressVPN. It’s a favorite among viewers.
- Time to sign up! Just head over to the sign-up page and enter your information to create an account.
- Browse a list of servers and choose a US-based one.
- Jump over to the Hulu website and dive into your favorite shows. Happy watching
Best VPNs For Getting Access To Hulu In Canada
Here are some of the best VPNs to access Hulu in Canada.
Boasting exemplary performance with download speeds of 89.42 Mbps and upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection. It makes streaming more enjoyable regardless of where you are.
It has robust security capabilities, including split tunneling and a kill switch. Furthermore, the VPN comes with a Smart DNS feature, named MediaStreamer, that makes Hulu accessible on devices incompatible with VPNs.
The user-friendly app is available across various platforms, including Android, iPhone, Roku, Firestick, and Apple TV. A notable perk for macOS users is global server locations being just a click away.
Ranked among one of the top VPNs for watching Hulu in Canada, CyberGhost stands out for its expansive server network.
Under a 100 Mbps internet connection, CyberGhost Yielded impressive speeds – download at 79.42 Mbps and upload at 43.91 Mbps.
With such rates, buffering wouldn’t hinder your streaming experience, whether it’s the ‘US Open Golf Championship 2023’ or ‘Dragons: The Nine Realms Season 6’.
CyberGhost bolsters confidence in data security and privacy during Peacock TV streaming. Key features include a Threat Manager, 256-bit encryption, a no-log policy, and IPv6 & split tunneling. It offers connection support for up to 7 devices under a single subscription.
Private Internnet Access
Unrivaled in server availability, Private Internet Access (PIA) claims the top spot with a broad array of servers strategically located across several UK regions, outstripping most other VPNs.
PIA is one of the speediest VPNs around, hitting an average speed of 94 Mbps. This ensures a flawless viewing experience for Hulu, without any lagging or buffering.
A solo PIA account supports up to 10 near-simultaneous connections, increasing its utility substantially.
The VPN also prides itself on advanced security features, such as 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak safeguarding, and a kill switch.
With its rigorous no-logs policy, PIA outperforms several VPNs. Ensuring privacy at all levels, it avoids even connection logs, making it a perfect match for privacy-centric users.
PIA caters to a wide range of apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV, with convenient browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox also available.
Surfshark is an affordable, efficient VPN for unblocking Hulu in Canada. It offers unlimited connections and has over 3200 servers worldwide.
It provided smooth streaming and impressive speeds on a 100 Mbps connection during tests.
Surfshark includes strong security features and can unblock Hulu in Canada. It is compatible with various devices, and it’s supported by a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 chat support.
Other VPNs That Can Unblock Hulu In Canada
- Hotspot Shield
- TunnelBear VPN
- Atlas VPN
- HMA VPN
Please make sure not to use a free VPN in watching Hulu. This is not recommended since most of them have been blacklisted by Hulu.
They also do not have any encryption, meaning your online activity can be at tremendous risk.
How To Sign Up For Hulu In Canada
To make this work, you must get a USA payment method such as PayPal or American Express before making this happen. If you need help, you can try any of the below.
How To Sign Up For Hulu In Canada Using A Gift Card
- You can purchase the gift card from a place such as www.mygiftcardsupply.com
- There will be a code in the email, and you can use that code to sign up for your Hulu subscription.
- You should also ensure you have been connected to a VPN before you try signing up. Because if your virtual location is not shown as USA, the sign-up will not work. Please follow the process below to get the sign-up done.
Using The Satescard Method
- Use www.satescard.com to create a virtual prepaid card. Enter the website and click on the orange sign-up box shown.
- You then input your email address and set your password in the purple sign-up box
- A verification link will then be sent to your inbox. Use this link to verify your account
- You then provide your driver’s license or passport to confirm your identity
- Now, load some funds with your credit card or your PayPal account
- You can now use your Statescard to get a Hulu account in Canada
Asking Friends For It
The third way to get a Hulu subscription is by your American friends for one.
Once a friend in America can give you one, you can start watching your favorite shows on Hulu by signing up and choosing your preferred plan.
Devices That Can Be Used To Access Hulu
You can watch Hulu on several devices, and some such devices are:
- Android mobiles and tablets
- 4th generation Apple TV or higher
- Fire tablets
- Echo show
- iPhone and iPad
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- PlayStation 3 and 4
- Samsung TV
- VIZIO Smartcast TV
- Xbox 360 and One
- Mac and PC browsers
How To Download The Hulu App In Canada
One of the best ways to get Hulu in Canada is by downloading the app onto your devices.
When you download the app onto your Windows and macOS devices, you will have to connect to a VPN and then visit the Hulu website, and you are ready to start watching Hulu.
You can use browsers such as Safari, Mozilla, and Google Chrome. Let us look at how you get the app on your various devices.
How To Download The Hulu App In Canada On Your iPhone and iPads
For those using IOS devices, you must change your Apple app store location before downloading the Hulu app. Here is how to get this done.
- Go to ‘settings’ and click on your profile
- Tap ‘media & purchases’ and then tap ‘view account.’
- Input your passcode or touch ID to verify and tap on ‘country/region’ Now tap on ‘change country or region’ and then change it to the USA
- Now, choose ‘agree’ on the terms and conditions page that appears and then continue
- The next step is to enter all the information required in the section, such as USA address and postal code
- Afterward, you tap on it.
- Your app store location will now be changed to the USA, and you can download the Hulu app.
- Once you have downloaded the app, open your VPN app and connect to the USA server, and you can start watching Hulu
How To Download The Hulu App In Canada On Your Android
- Open your VPN app and connect to the USA server
- Now, open the Android Play Store and tap on the 3 bars, which can be found on the top left side of the screen
- You now go to the account and select the USA as your country. You now input all the necessary information required
- After the country has been changed, you can download the Hulu app onto your device and start watching
How Much Is Hulu In Canada
The cost of subscribing to Hulu will depend on which of its four plans you choose. Here are the four plans below. Each of these plans comes with its own cost:
- With ads: Hulu with ads starts at $7.99 per month and $69.99 per year. This is the basic plan, and users will be dealing with ads
- Live TV on Hulu with ads: $14.99 per month. With this plan, users get all the available content on a standard Hulu subscription. Users can watch all content without the basic plan
- Hulu + Live TV without ads: $69.99 per month. With this plan, users get access to all Hulu content, including live Tv, without any ad interference.
- Disney Plus Bundle: $12.99 per month. This plan comes with Hulu, Disney+ as well ESPN+.
Price Of Hulu In A Table Format
|Plan||Monthly Price||Annual Price||Details|
|Hulu (with ads)||$7.99||$69.99||Basic plan with advertisements|
|Live TV on Hulu (with ads)||$14.99||N/A||All content, inclusive of standard Hulu subscription, contains advertisements|
|Hulu + Live TV (without ads)||$69.99||N/A||All Hulu content including live TV, without advertisements|
|Disney Plus Bundle||$12.99||N/A||Package includes Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+|
If you want an unlimited screen add-on, you can pay an additional $9.99 monthly. Students can also get a Hulu ad-supported plan by paying just $1.99 monthly.
These are the various packages offered by Hulu and their various prices, so you now know how much it costs to watch Hulu.
Best Shows To Watch On Hulu In Canada
Below are some of the best TV shows and movies you can watch on Hulu in Canada. They are:
- Head of State
- Killing Eve
- The Great
- Veronica Mars
- Castle Rock
- Normal People
- Future Man
- Arrested Development
- Sex Appeal
- The Interview
- John Wick Chapter 3
- The Nightingale
Why Isn’t Hulu In Canada?
Hulu cannot be accessed in Canada because it is only available in the USA.
As stated above, users encounter an error whenever they try to get access to Hulu because it is not available outside the USA.
This is due to the copyrights and the geo-restriction preventing people outside the USA from accessing it.
The people in charge of Hulu have also yet to clarify when the streaming service will be made available outside of the USA.
So, for now, viewers outside the USA will not be able to get easy access to Hulu. You can still get access through the ways shown in this article.
Is Hulu Making a Move to Canada?
You bet! Since February 2021, a slice of Hulu goodness has been available in Canada. The Disney Plus fam launched a cool new dude on the block called “Star” where you can catch some of Hulu’s shows and movies.
But keep in mind, it’s not the full feast. A bunch of Hulu gems and original goodies are still playing hide and seek across different platforms like Crave TV and Amazon Prime. So, it’s not all in one place, but hey, adventure is part of the fun, right?
Hulu Alternatives In Canada
Your Ultimate Streaming Showdown
If you’re all about family-friendly viewing, then Disney+ is your jam. It’s stuffed with all things Disney, from Star Wars and Marvel to Pixar and that’s just scratching the surface. Perfect for turning family TV time into an epic adventure.
The new kid on the block is Peacock TV by NBCUniversal. Serving a buffet of TV shows, movies, live sports, and more, it’s making a name for itself.
The really cool bit though? It’s got a bunch of different price tags, and yes, there’s a free tier too! So, if you’re searching for an affordable Hulu alternative, here’s your saving grace.
Amazon Prime Video
Meet another top contender – Amazon Prime Video. Combining a slick mix of TV shows, films, and fresh-off-the-oven original content, it’s a brilliant choice especially if you’re already a Prime member. The cherry on top? You can access it on a ton of different devices.
Welcome to the heavyweight champion of streaming – Netflix. Its popularity is mind-blowing, courtesy of a super-loaded library of TV series, movies, and a bunch of rad original content – making it a favorite pick for binge-watchers all over the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Due to streaming rights and content distribution policies, Hulu can only be accessed in Canada slowly. The streaming service has been geo-blocked, so people in Canada cannot access it easily.
Hulu can only be accessed by people living in the USA and Japan.
VPN is legal in Canada and can be used for several purposes. It can be used to improve online privacy and prevent ISPs from throttling your bandwidth.
So that is how one can get access to Hulu while they are in Canada. As we have seen, Hulu can only be accessed easily by USA residents.
If you love viewing the fantastic shows found on Hulu but reside in Canada, you can use the steps in this article to access Hulu.
This article has been beneficial, and you are just one step away from enjoying your best shows and movies.
You can also check out other popular streaming platforms in Canada such as: