Channel 4 is an on-demand streaming service that offers some of the best TV shows and movies, such as Undeclared War, married at First Sight, Miriam and Alan: lost in Scotland, and The West Wing.
Channel 4 is a free-to-air streaming service based in the United Kingdom and owned by Channel Four Television Corporation, which is owned by the state.
Although Channel 4 is publicly owned, just like the BBC, it does not receive public funding as the BBC does. Channel 4 gets funded by its commercial activities. Channel 4 started operations in 1982.
This article is going to take you through how to watch Channell 4 in Canada, we are not only going to cover how to watch this streaming platform in Canada, but we will also cover the best shows to watch on Channel 4, how to sign up, and more.
How To Watch Channel 4 In Canada
If you are living outside the U.K., then Channel 4 is not accessible to you at the moment.
However, there is a way you can make the streaming service accessible to you at the moment.
Please follow the steps below to see how you can access Channel 4 in Canada:
- Download and install a VPN tool on your device. One of the best VPNs recommended for bypassing geo-restriction is PIA VPN
- Set up the VPN app after it has been installed and connect it to the U.K. server. Wait to make sure that a connection has been established before you proceed
- Now, change your time zone to GMT -0 (which is London) on your device
- Now, go to the Channel 4 website and create an account there for free using your email address and a U.K. postal code. You can get a U.K. postal code on Google quickly. Just search. It will work fine without any issues. You can also try out SW1W 0NY, WC2N 5DU, M2 4WU, and CV1 3LD. You can also carry this step out on the Channel 4 app
- Now, Visit the Channel 4 website and sign in to your Channel 4 account and you can start streaming the service in Canada.
Why Using A VPN Is A Must For Watching Channel 4 In Canada
Want to catch Channel 4 in Canada? You’ll need a handy tool called a VPN. This is because Channel 4’s content comes with certain rules set by copyright and distribution laws of the UK.
This kind of thing is pretty common for most streaming platforms, purely because of the agreements they have with the people who make and fund the programs.
These folks get to pick where they want their show or movie to be available.
So, because of these geo-restrictions, as they’re called, Channel 4 and its other channels aren’t watchable in Canada.
If you’re not sure about this, go ahead and try accessing the site – see for yourself whether it’s accessible in your area or not.
Best VPNs For Unblocking Channel 4 In Canada
Since Channel 4 has been geo-blocked and prevented from being viewed in Canada, you must have a good VPN to bypass the geo-restriction.
There are many VPNs, but only a few can do the job properly without later issues. Here are the best-recommended VPNs to use in unblocking Channel 4 in Canada:
- PIA VPN
Private Internnet Access
Unrivaled in server availability, Private Internet Access (PIA) claims the top spot with a broad array of servers strategically located across several UK regions, outstripping most other VPNs.
PIA is one of the speediest VPNs around, hitting an average speed of 94 Mbps. This ensures a flawless viewing experience for Channel 4 and Britbox, without any lagging or buffering.
A solo PIA account supports up to 10 near-simultaneous connections, increasing its utility substantially.
The VPN also prides itself on advanced security features, such as 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak safeguarding, and a kill switch.
With its rigorous no-logs policy, PIA outperforms several VPNs. Ensuring privacy at all levels, it avoids even connection logs, making it a perfect match for privacy-centric users.
PIA caters to a wide range of apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV, with convenient browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox also available.
Paving the way with its large server network, CyberGhost ensures effortless unlocking of Channel 4 content from virtually anywhere.
Known for its excellence in navigating geo-restrictions, CyberGhost, when coupled with its noteworthy price-to-quality ratio, holds a favored position among several users.
With CyberGhost’s WireGuard protocol, it guarantees first-rate connection speeds, averaging 86%, with minimal speed disruptions.
Offering consistent video load times, reliability is CyberGhost’s greatest strength, as seen throughout our testing process.
To ensure continuous access to your favorite streaming services, CyberGhost gives you dedicated servers exclusively for streaming. A Smart DNS feature is also available for multiple devices that don’t support direct VPN installation.
ExpressVPN tops our recommendations, providing more than 500 UK servers to unblock Channel 4 in Canada.
ExpressVPN is the ideal solution for those who can’t handle buffering disruptions while enjoying their favorite Channel 4 content.
The provider ensures access to All 4 streaming and its other channels on various popular devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Firestick.
For those using devices like Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, PlayStation, or Xbox, ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) can be configured on these to start watching Channel 4 in Canada, the USA, or any other location abroad.
Other VPNs That Can Unblock Channel 4 Effectively
- Hotspot Shield
- TunnelBear VPN
- Atlas VPN
- HMA VPN
- VPN Canada
- Urban VPN
- Proton VPN
- Mozilla VPN
- Unlocator VPN
How To Get Channel 4 In Canada On Various Devices
You can get a Channel on several devices in Canada. Let us look at how you can get it on your IOS and Android devices.
How To Get Channel 4 In Canada On IOS
Here is how to get the Channel 4 app on your Apple device. Please follow the steps shown below:
- Open the settings of your IOS device and click on your profile
- Now, click on ‘media & purchases’ and then click ‘view account’ and input your passcode or Touch ID for verification.
- Now, tap on ‘country/region’ and change the country from Canada to the United Kingdom as your country
- Now, agree to the ‘terms and conditions page to continue
- Fill out the following form with the required details. You can get a U.K. address and postal code on Google. Just search. It will also work fine
- After completing the whole process, you can download the Channel 4 app from the Apple app store. It will be possible since the location has now been changed from Canada to the United Kingdom
- Open your PIA VPN tool and connect it to the U.K. server. You can now open the Channel 4 app and sign in to begin streaming your favorite content
How To Get Channel 4 In Canada On Android
Here is how to get the Channel 4 app on your Android device. Please follow the steps shown below:
- First, download and install the PIA VPN tool. We recommend that you download PIA VPN since it is one of the best VPN tools for bypassing geo-restrictions and unblocking foreign streaming services in Canada
- Now, open the VPN app and connect it to the U.K. server after you have set it up. Make sure that a connection has been established before you proceed
- Go to the Android Play Store and tap on the hamburger menu found at the top of the screen
- Go to ‘account’ and locate the country. Now change the country from Canada to the United Kingdom and fill out the following form with all the needed details. Finding a U.K. address and postal code will be easy for you. Just search on Google
- After changing the country to the U.K., restart the Android Play Store and download the Channel 4 app. It will be possible now that the location has been changed
- Ensure your VPN is connected to the U.K. before opening the Channel 4 app after installing it.
- Now, sign in, and you can begin watching your favorite shows and movies on Channel 4
How Much Is Channel 4 In Canada
Channel 4 is a free streaming service where users will not have to pay for anything as long as they have internet data to stream its content but there will be ads.
However, if you want to stream Channel 4 without ads, then you can choose to pay £3.99 (CAD 6.56) per month or £39.99 (65.73) per year.
How To Sign Up For Channel 4 In Canada
You can sign in to Channel4 through the following steps:
- Open your PIA VPN app and connect it to the U.K. server. This is to ensure that your location has been masked and that you are shown as a resident of the U.K.
- Now, visit the Channel 4 website or open the app if you have downloaded it onto your mobile device and create an account. You may have to provide a U.K. address and postal code, all of which can be found on Google
Why Is Channel 4 Not In Canada?
Channel 4 is not available in Canada due to content rights issues. This prevents the streaming service from showing in another country apart from the U.K.
People who try to gain access to Channel 4 without using a VPN tool will see an error message on their screens saying, “Not available. All 4 are only available in the U.K.”.
This means that the streaming service has been geo-blocked so that no one can access it outside the United Kingdom.
So due to content rights issues, Channel 4 can only be accessed in the U.K. If you have a VPN, you can gain access outside the United Kingdom.
When Will Channel 4 Be In Canada?
There has yet to be any mention of when Channel 4 will be available outside of the U.K.
Due to content rights issues, the streaming service cannot be viewed by people outside of the U.K.
There has yet to be any mention of when that will end. So, for now, people can only get access by using a VPN to bypass the geo-restriction to watch Channel 4 in Canada and other countries.
What To Watch On Channel 4 In Canada
You can stream the following channels on Channel 4 in Canada
- All 4
- Walter Presents
You can also stream these shows and movies on Channel 4 in Canada
- The Great British Bake Off
- Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares
- Spencer, Vogue, and Baby Too
- The Bisexual
- Peep Show
- 30 Rock (seasons 1-7)
- Married at First Sight
- The West Wing
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- Chewing Gum
- The State
- Born to Kill
- The Clinton Affair
Channel 4 Compatible Devices
You can stream on Channel 4 on any of the devices below.
- Computers (both Windows and Mac)
- Apple products
- Android products
- Apple TV
- Smart TV that does not have an Android operating system
- PlayStation game consoles
- Xbox game consoles
- Amazon Firestick and Fire TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Channel 4 is unavailable in Canada, but people outside the United Kingdom who want to access Channel 4 can only do so by using a VPN.
Access to Channel 4 from outside the United Kingdom will be possible with the VPN.
A VPN (a virtual private network) hides your online location so that people looking to snoop on your online activities cannot find you.
This way, the VPN hides your actual location while projecting a false location online.
This is how it helps you to bypass geo-restrictions by changing your location to another country.
All 4 is a free subscription where users can watch the Channels programs. However, they must deal with ads since the subscription is free.
All 4+, on the other hand, is the top subscription plan offered by Channel 4, where users can watch most of all the programs available on Channel 4. They may, however, not get access to some programs due to content licensing policies.
Yes. People looking to watch Channel 4 for free can do so with All 4, a free Video-on demand service.
This service is funded entirely by advertisements, so users will have to deal with ads if they choose this free service. However, they will still need a VPN, and follow the steps in this article to get it.
So this is how you can access one of the best streaming platforms in the U.K.
Channel 4 has many great shows and movies you can watch. All you need is a VPN and this article, and you are done.