If you are looking for a streaming service that will allow you to watch live TV broadcasts and some of the most popular channels, consider joining the Xfinity streaming service.
Customers who do not have an Xfinity TV package can still view some of the free content offered by the streaming platform for free.
Well, the bad news here is that only people living in the United States of America can access the streaming service.
However, we will show you how to watch Xfinity in Canada, even though it is restricted to American audiences only.
An error message will appear on your TV screen when accessing Xfinity. This error message will inform you:” Please clear your browser’s cache; we’re having trouble.”
However, the website is fine. That is an indirect way of telling you that you cannot access the streaming service because you are outside the United States.
There is, however, a way to get access to Xfinity: a good VPN tool to bypass the geo-restrictions placed on the streaming service.
How To Watch Xfinity Easily In Canada
Now, let us look at how you can gain access to Xfinity in Canada after that error message has popped up. Please follow the steps below well:
- Download a VPN tool such as PIA VPN and set it.
- After setting the VPN up, connect it to the US server.
- After the connection has been established, open the website of Xfinity and choose any of the content by scrolling down.
- Click on any of the content that you wish to watch, and then click on sign in.
- Now, input your credentials if you already have one.
- You can now start streaming Xfinity by choosing content again.
That is the easiest way to gain access to Xfinity in Canada. Download a good VPN tool and connect it to the US server to change your IP address. You will then be allowed to stream the contents of Xfinity.
Recommended VPNs For Streaming Xfinity In Canada
We have taken some VPN tools through various tests, and a few emerged as ones that can be trusted to bypass any geo-restriction to unblock Xfinity for us in Canada.
We also saw that these VPN tools are top-rated, with all the essential features you need to protect yourself whenever you are online.
Below are the tested VPNs that can access the Xfinity streaming service. They are:
- PIA VPN
Private Internnet Access
In the competition for server reach, Private Internet Access (PIA) pulls far ahead. With its expansive server network in crucial regions around the world, PIA stands out in the VPN market, even among stiff competition.
Offering quick data transfer rates, PIA maintains an average speed of 94 Mbps, guaranteeing your streaming sessions on platforms such as Xfinity, CBC, and Crave are smooth and free of interruption.
For many devices, one account – PIA supports up to 10 active connections simultaneously, making it highly convenient.
PIA’s impressive security characteristics, including a 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak safeguard, and an automatic kill switch, deserve much praise.
Merging this with a strict no-logs policy that many VPNs fail to match, is ideal for users who place a high value on privacy.
PIA is compatible with numerous platforms including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV, and also offers handy extensions for Chrome and Firefox web browsers.
Looking for uninterrupted access to your favorite series? ExpressVPN is your solution. Housing over 3000 high-speed servers in over 90 countries including Canada, ExpressVPN assures a superior streaming experience.
ExpressVPN can unlock CBC, Netflix Canada, as well as a plethora of other worldwide streaming services, regardless of your location.
It’s also compatible with various devices such as Android, Windows, Fire Stick, Linux, macOS, and iOS.
ExpressVPN shatters speed expectations, recording 89.75 Mbps / 100 Mbps during speed tests.
Therefore, you can enjoy HD quality for your shows and movies and connect up to 5 devices simultaneously with a single ExpressVPN subscription.
In search of a robust VPN service with an extensive server list? NordVPN is a rightful contender. With more than 5200 servers spanning across more than 59 countries, including the USA, and Canada, it’s truly a force to be reckoned with.
NordVPN makes unlocking services like Xfinity and Netflix Canada, along with a wide variety of other streaming sites, remarkably simple.
It also assures that you can watch movies and shows in HD without buffering issues.
NordVPN offers user-centric apps for an extensive array of devices, such as iOS, macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, and Fire Stick.
When it comes to speed, NordVPN asserts its standing by providing 79.5 Mbps / 100 Mbps during speed tests.
How To Get To Watch Xfinity In Canada On Your Android
You can get the Xfinity Stream app on your Android mobile device by following the steps below:
- Open your VPN tool and connect it to the US server. After a connection has been established, you can then proceed.
- Go to your Google Play Store and search for the Xfinity app by typing ‘Xfinity stream’ in the search bar.
- Now, look through the results that come until you locate the ‘Xfinity stream’ app. Download it by tapping on the ‘install’ button.
- After installing it, open the app to stream live TV and on-demand content by signing in with your account.
- The Xfinity Stream app will allow you to stream live TV, on-demand content, cloud DVR recordings, and on-demand purchases.
How To Sign Up For Xfinity In Canada
To start using Xfinity, you will need to get an Xfinity ID. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Open your internet browser and go to the Xfinity website by typing in www.xfinity.com/getstarted. You can also do this by clicking the ‘sign in’ button on any Xfinity homepage.
- Now, get the account you are creating verified by confirming some details. You must provide a social security number or a mobile phone number. You can get any of these from a pal in the United States.
- Now, choose how you want to verify the account. You can enter the phone number given by your pal in the US. If you prefer to use a social security number, you must input the number’s last four digits in the space provided, along with a phone number associated with that account and a date of birth.
- After the account is verified, you can input your current email address. A link will be sent to that address, and you will be given 72 hours to click on it, after which it will expire.
- A confirmation page will then show several ways to access your Xfinity account.
- And you are done signing up for Xfinity. It is better to sign in with your mobile device.
How Much Is Xfinity In Canada
Streaming on Xfinity is accessible for viewers. However, there may be some monthly payments that viewers will have to make, depending on what they watch or the content they stream.
Is Xfinity available in Canada?
Xfinity is not available in Canada as it has been confined to the borders of the United States.
Due to some rights and streaming policies, its contents are only shown within the United States of America.
When Is Xfinity Coming To Canada?
We must find out when this will happen at the moment. Xfinity is barred from streaming outside of the US, which could be due to the various streaming rights and policies placed on it.
If you still want access to Xfinity before it officially launches in Canada, you will need to get a VPN tool before you can do so.
Some of the best VPN tools are listed below in this article. Please check them out and see the one that fits your needs.
What To Watch In Xfinity In Canada
Xfinity offers viewers live TV and on-demand content. You can watch many great TV shows and movies on Xfinity in Canada.
To get a hint of what you should expect before joining the Xfinity streaming platform, check out the shows and movies listed here.
- City Island
- Undercover boss
- Sonic boom
- Being: Mike Tyson
- Back of the shop
- Blood into water
- Politicking with Larry King
- Garbage time with Katie Nolan
Apart from the shows listed above, you can access more than 260 channels on Xfinity. Here are some of these channels below.
- MTV Classic
- Bally sports south
- NBA TV
- BBC America
- BET soul
- Cartoon network
- Nat Geo WILD
- ACC Network national area
- Nick Jr
- Paramount network
- CBS network
Compatible Devices In Canada To Use In Streaming Xfinity In Canada
You can get access to Xfinity on the following devices:
- Apple devices
- Android devices
- Windows computers
- Linux computers
- Mac computers
- Apple TV
- Android TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You can stream Xfinity on several devices. Some of these devices are Apple devices, android devices, windows, Linux, and more.
That is not possible. This is due to copyright restrictions and cable channels. You cannot re-stream content and shows from Xfinity, as it is illegal.
You can view Xfinity for free within the United States of America borders. However, since you are not in the US, you must use a VPN tool to access Xfinity. You will also need a US social security number or a US phone number.
Xfinity is undoubtedly one of the best streaming services in the USA, although it is less popular than Netflix and Hulu.
Stream enjoyable channels, live shows, and on-demand content on Xfinity.
However, we have seen that the streaming service is only accessible within the USA.
So as a non-resident, you must get a good VPN before accessing Canada’s streaming service.
In this article, we have seen how you can use a VPN to access Xfinity in Canada.
We have also shown you some of the best VPN tools to make this possible.
Get a VPN tool today and start streaming Xfinity in the comfort of your Canadian home.
You can also check out how to watch these streaming platforms in Canada: