Are you searching for how to watch ITVX HUB in Canada? Then this article is for you.
ITV HUB is a video-on-demand platform where users can get over 1000 hours of free content.
The video-on-demand service was recently rebranded as ITVX, based in the United Kingdom.
ITV is one of the most extensive commercial networks in the U.K., providing various TV series and movies.
Subscribers can watch movies and shows such as Downtown Abbey, The Voice UK, coronation, and Street on ITV.
The English video-on-demand service is also free and comes with several exciting channels for viewers to choose from.
How To Watch ITV In Canada
ITV is a video-on-demand service that is available only in the United Kingdom.
To access ITV in Canada, you must use a different means to watch it. You will have to invest in a premium VPN service that will allow you to bypass the geo-restriction placed on the service.
Here is how to watch ITV in Canada:
- Download CyberGhost VPN or any other premium VPN app and install it, after that set it up with your credentials
- Now, open the VPN and connect it to the U.K. server. Please make sure that the location on your device is off before you do this
- Now, go to the ITV website and sign up. You will be asked to provide a U.K. address and postal code. Just search on Google, and you will get one to fill in
- After the registration is complete, start streaming the content you wish to watch while in Canada
In this case, the VPN used here helps bypass the geo-restriction by hiding your IP address and giving you a UK one.
So when you try to access ITV, the I.P. address detectors will not be able to tell that you are not in the UK because the I.P. The address shown will be a UK one.
This is another reason you need to make sure that the VPN app you choose is a premium one that can unblock a streaming service and keep your online activities hidden.
Continue reading this article to see some of the best VPN apps you should consider.
Never try to use a free VPN to access any streaming service. You will be detected, and the IP address will be blocked, and that will probably be the last time you will ever try to stream anything again unless you move to the UK.
Recommended VPNs For Watching ITV In Canada
No VPN app should be used in accessing ITV from Canada. You need to use only the top-rated VPN services that can bypass restrictions and offer you security at the same time.
That is why we have listed some of the top-rated VPN apps here. Check them out and see how they perform:
CyberGhost shines with an extensive server network, which makes sidestepping geo-restrictions for ITV Hub effortless from virtually anywhere.
Promising robust connections with minimal interruptions, thanks to its WireGuard protocol, CyberGhost records an average speed of 86%.
Known for its value for cost and capability to bypass geo-blocks, it isn’t surprising that CyberGhost is a favorite among users.
CyberGhost delivers reliable streaming through consistent testing, reaffirming its reputation for dependability.
It offers dedicated servers for easy access to your preferred streaming platforms in a few clicks. Additionally, its Smart DNS feature allows devices without direct VPN support to enjoy ITV Hub effortlessly.
Private Internnet Access
Private Internet Access (PIA) distinguishes itself with its unbeatable number of server options, dominating over many other VPNs.
Sprawled over several UK regions, it ensures smooth access to the ITV Hub from virtually anywhere.
Running at commendable 94 Mbps speeds on average, PIA ensures uninterrupted and lag-free streaming for ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer.
One PIA account grants you up to 10 concurrent device connections, a boon for heavy multitaskers!
Security-wise, PIA impresses with features such as 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. Committed to privacy, PIA’s strict no-logs policy ensures even connection logs are bypassed.
Boasting versatile app support, PIA offers software for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV, with user-friendly browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
Surfshark, our top recommendation, offers over 500 UK servers, thereby ensuring ITV Hub accessibility in Canada and beyond is a breeze.
Ideal for those who loathe buffering disruptions while streaming, Surfshark promises seamless access to your favorite ITV Hub content.
With Surfshark, you’re not limited, as it provides access to ITV Hub, EE TV, and other channels, compatible with popular devices like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Firestick.
For devices such as Roku, Apple TV, PlayStation, Xbox, and Smart TVs, Surfshark’s Quickconnect feature (Smart DNS) can be configured, enabling you to enjoy ITV Hub in Canada, the USA, or anywhere else you might find yourself.
Other VPNs That Can Unblock ITV Hub Easily
- Hotspot Shield
- TunnelBear VPN
- Atlas VPN
- HMA VPN
- VPN Canada
- Urban VPN
- Proton VPN
- Mozilla VPN
- Unlocator VPN
How To Get ITV In Canada On All Devices
You can get ITV on both your Android and IOS devices. Here is how to get them downloaded onto your device.
How To Get ITV In Canada On Apple Devices
Follow these steps to watch ITV in Canada using your Apple device:
- In the settings of your Apple device, click on your profile and tap on ‘media & purchases.’
- Now, tap the ‘view account’ option and choose ‘country/region.’
- Now change the country from Canada to the U.K. and agree to the terms and conditions page that appears next
- You now have to fill out the following form that appears next. For the U.K. address and postal code, please search on Google, and you will find one that can be used in filling the form, and it will work seamlessly
- With the form filled out, click ‘next’ and wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is completed, you will now be able to download the ITV app from the Apple app store
- After downloading the app, open it and sign in with your credentials, and you are good to go. Please make sure that your VPN is on and connect to the U server before opening the app
For Android Device
Follow these steps to watch ITV in Canada using your Android device:
- Create a new Google account
- While filling out the needed details, make sure that you choose the UK as your country. You can get an address and postal code on Google
- After you create the Google account, open your VPN app and connect it to the U.K. server
- Open your Android Play Store app and sign out from the old Google account. Now sign in with the new Google account you created
- Download the ITV HUB app and sign in. Once you are signed in, you can start watching your favorite UK content for free
Please ensure that you turn off the location on both your Android and IOS devices when running the steps above so there are no issues.
We do not want a case whereby the VPN will say you are in the U.K., but your device says you are in Canada.
How To Sign Up For ITV In Canada
You can sign up for ITV in the following steps. Please measure that you have downloaded and installed a VPN before proceeding:
- Open your VPN connect it to the U.K. server and wait for a connection to be established
- Now, go to the ITV website and click on the ‘icon’ which can be seen on the top left side of the ITV homepage
- Since you are signing up, click ‘Register.’
- Fill in your email and preferred password and click ‘continue.’ You can get a U.K. postal code on Google or use this ‘WC2N 5DU.’
- A verification link will be sent to your email account. Just click on it, and it will bring you back to the ITV homepage
- And that is all. You have now signed up for ITV, and you can start streaming all the free movies and TV series on the platform
How Much Is ITV In Canada?
ITV HUB is free to watch. The service does not charge any subscription fees, so users can create an account and start watching all their favorite English movies and TV shows.
However, if you do not want to be dealing with ads which can be annoying at times, you can pay for the ITV subscription plan that will remove the ads.
The subscription fee will be CAD 10.02 per month. A 7-day free trial is offered on the subscription plan by ITV Hub.
Why Is ITV Not In Canada?
ITV is not available in Canada due to content licensing rights and other streaming regulations.
If you tried to access ITV, you would have received a message that read:
“Oops! It looks as if there’s a problem. Please refresh your page or check out our ITV Help.”
Although this message will make you think there is some connection problem, the real problem is that you are trying to access the service from outside the United Kingdom, which is not allowed. So yeah, that is a problem.
Like most streaming services from the USA and the U.K., people living in Canada need help accessing ITV due to these rights and regulations.
As long as these are in place, ITV cannot expand outside the U.K.
When Will ITV Be Available In Canada?
ITV has been restricted from airing outside the U.K. due to content licensing and regulations.
As such, residents in Canada cannot access it. As long as these rights and regulations are still in place, we cannot tell Canadians when the service will be available.
ITV has also yet to make any announcement about coming to Canada. Therefore, Canadians can only watch ITV by using a premium VPN service that will allow them to bypass the geo-restrictions on the service.
What To Watch On ITV In Canada
You can watch the following on ITV in Canada:
- Kentucky Derby 2023
- Six Nations rugby
- Buffering season 2
- You & me
- The Bay Series 4
ITV Compatible Devices
You can use the following devices to stream ITV in Canada.
- Windows computers
- Smart TVs
- Amazon Firestick/fire TV
- IOS devices
- Android devices
- Mac computers
- Xbox One game console
Frequently Asked Questions
You can get to watch this show in Canada as long as you have a top-rated VPN that can bypass the geo-restriction and allow you access to ITV.
Once on ITV, you will be able to watch this show on the ITV2 channel, and you will be able to watch it for free as well.
ITV Hub is restricted from showing in Canada due to various content licenses and streaming rights.
So officially, it is not available in Canada. But it is unofficially available as long as you have a good VPN, a quality internet connection, and a support device.
We have already seen how one can access ITV in Canada from the steps shown in this article.
An Xbox One gaming console can be used in streaming ITV Hub through its official app.
The app must be downloaded into the Xbox One gaming console before it can be used in streaming ITV.
You will still need a VPN to make this possible since you will seek access to the ITV platform outside the U.K.
ITV Hub is free to watch. Users will not have to worry about paying any subscription fees. You can use that money to pay for a good VPN to watch ITV comfortably.
However, to avoid ads, you must pay for a subscription plan that costs CAD 10.02 per month.
ITV Hub is a free video-on-demand service in the U.K. where great movies and shows are aired.
However, just like most streaming services, ITV is restricted to the U.K. only due to content license and streaming rights.
Therefore, as someone living in Canada, you will need to get a top-rated VPN before you can access ITV.
We hope this article has been beneficial and you know how to access ITV in Canada. Do you know you can also watch EPIX Now in Canada? click here to read our guide on that.